Xiaomi had officially announced another budget smartphone, the Redmi 9T, to kick things off for their 2021 line up. Among the highlights was the announcement of a new 65W GaN charger and Smart Speaker.
Focusing purely on value, the Redmi 9T comes in 2 variants; 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB. They cost RM 599 – RM 699 respectively, which is an incredible price point for anyone looking for a simple smartphone fit for daily use that’s not slow or unimpressive.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 chipset
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage (up to 512GB via microSD )
- 6.53-inch FULL HD IPS LCD display with TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certification
- Triple rear-facing cameras
- Main: 48MP f/1.8 with PDAF
- Macro: 2MP f/2.4
- Depth Sensor 2MP
- 8MP f/2.1 front facing camera
- 6000mAh battery with 18W charging and reverse wired charging
GaN, aka gallium nitride, is a new type of semiconductor material with high thermal efficiency and power conversion potential compared to conventional chargers. They’re lighter, smaller, and essentially build up heat a lot slower when charging. Xiaomi now has their own under their own brand name, providing 65W of charging via a single USB Type – C port. It retails for RM 119 and is now available.
Mi Smart Speaker
The Mi Smart Speaker retails for RM 209, being a speaker that’s ideal for AIoT homes thanks to Google Assistant supported with LED lights and rings to highlight notifications and commands. It has a decent 63.5mm sound driver in small, winter melon form factor. We look forward to reviewing this affordable speaker system really soon! We’re painfully curious about its sound quality from such a size and price point!
- Control Panel : Touch
- Microphone Array : 2 mics, with far feild voice wake up support
- Speaker : 2.5″ full frequency 12W Speaker
- Light : Ring Strip on the top with Music lighthing effect
- Wifi : 2.4GHz / 5GHz
- Bluetooth : 4.2, Supports A2DP Mmusic player
- Support System : Android 4.4 and iOS 9.0 or above